Currently a senior lecturer with the CeLeKT (Center for Learning and Knowledge Technologies) research group, at Linnæus University, Sweden, and a visiting research fellow working with the Adaptive Systems Research Group, at University of Hertfordshire, UK.
Active research interests include Tangible User Interfaces, Cross-media, Games, Semantic Web, Imitation and Social Learning in Adaptive Systems, Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) and Artificial Life.
For scientific publications list, please click the Publications tab; current and past research activities are in the Projects tab; videos from experiments are under the Media tab; for details about invited talks, supervision etc go to the Talks tab.
Received the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science (Adaptive Systems Research Group, Department of Computer Science, University of Hertfordshire, UK, 2003) for work on imitation in adaptive systems (proposing a framework for solving the correspondence problem in imitation), and the M.Eng. degree in Cybernetics (Department of Cybernetics, University of Reading, UK, 1999).From Feb. 2004 until Nov. 2007 was at University of Hertfordshire, with the Adaptive Systems Research Group, as a research fellow in the European Integrated Project COGNIRON (“The Cognitive Robot Companion”), working on Imitation in the context of Human-Robot Interaction.
From Nov. 2007 until Nov. 2009 was at Miyake Lab, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, working with Associate Professor Yoshihiro MIYAKE after receiving a FY2007 Postdoctoral Fellowship for Foreign Researchers from the Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS) to conduct research in Japan for a period of two years.
From Jan. to Dec. 2010 was a researcher at Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International (ATR), Intelligent Robotics and Communication Laboratories (IRC), working on Social Human-Robot Interaction based on UNR (ubiquitous network robot technology).
Has been a guest researcher (invited by Prof. Yoshihiro MIYAKE) at Miyake Lab, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, during Jul. 2007, and also a visiting research fellow (as part of the COGNIRON project) at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, during Apr. 2004.
News and updates
- project meeting for JUXTALEARN at Open University, UK (Apr. 2013)
- attended Internet I Fokus at Malmo, Sweden (Mar. 2013) [link]
- attended NAD 2012 (Nordic Africa Days 2012) at Reykjavík, Iceland (Oct. 2012); was part of panel on Information and Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) in East Africa [link, link]
- kick-off meeting for EU FP7 project JUXTALEARN at Linnæus University (Oct. 2012) [link]
- attended NordiTEL 2012 (2nd Nordic Symposium on Technology-Enhanced Learning) at University of Oulu, Finland (Sept. 2012) [link]
- attended the Reasoning Web 2012 Summer School, at Vienna University of Technology, Austria (Sept. 2012) [link]
- traveled to Uganda as part of the People’s Voices: Developing Cross Media Services to Promote Citizens Participation in Local Governance Activities project, visited Makerere University and the northern parts of the country (Aug. 2012) [link, link]
- now a senior lecturer at Linnæus University, Sweden (Feb. 2012)
- the New Frontiers in Human-Robot Interaction book, edited by Kerstin Dautenhahn and Joe Saunders has been published [flyer]
- invited talk at KTH, Sweden (Dec. 2011)
- now a guest research fellow at Linnæus University, Sweden (Oct. 2011)
- invited online talk at Osaka University, Japan (GCOE workshop, Oct. 2011)
- invited talk at Imperial College, UK (Intelligent Systems and Networks Group, June 2011)
- invited talk at Waseda University, Japan (GCOE seminar, Mar. 2010)
- JSPS fellowship ended (Dec. 2009); now a researcher at IRC/ATR, Japan (Jan. 2010)
- invited talk at United Arab Emirates University, UAE (Dec. 2009)
- attended IEEE RO-MAN’09 in September; I organized a special session, titled “Human-Robot Imitation and Teaching”, together with Prof. Kerstin Dautenhahn and Prof. Yoshihiro MIYAKE
- attended the New Frontiers in Human-Robot Interaction symposium at AISB’09, in April
- attended the 26th Annual Conference of the Robotics Society of Japan (RSJ 2008) at Kobe University, in September
- myself and Dr. Joe Saunders wish to thank all the participants of our imitation tutorials at SAB’08 and IEEE RO-MAN’08
Dr. Aris Alissandrakis
Vaxjo, 351 95
|email:|| aris DOT alissandrakis AT lnu DOT se
|phone:||+46 (0)470 70 8636|